Tuesday 8 November 2011

Target Audience

After analysing our questionnaire results, Harrison and I found that the people more interested in horror films were those ranging from older teenagers (approximately 17 years old) to young adults (approximately 30 years old). Therefore this is our target audience that we want to aim our horror teaser trailer at. After interviewing a couple of people from the older generation, we found that they believe their horror film days are “over” as to speak. They felt that they couldn’t handle suspense and gore anymore and that it should be left to the younger generation as this gives them more of a thrill.


As teenagers ourselves, Harrison and I both feel that as we are part of the target audience we know what people our age look for so together we watched Scream and Saw 1 and 2. We realised that these were two different types of horror film. Scream is a more jumpy, suspense-filled film while Saw focuses on blood and gore. We decided that for our film we would incorporate both ideas into one to make it more diverse and engaging.

1 comment:

  1. Don't rule out all older generations!!!!! However, I must admit it took me years to watch the entire film of the Exorcist....only brave enough after my own grown up children forced me to. So I agree with your Mum in many ways!

    ReplyDelete