Thursday 17 November 2011

Film Name and Taglines

FILM TITLES:
When I was researching existing films and posters the idea that stuck in my head which I found was effective in terms of names of films and taglines, was a clever play on words with a horror twist on it. An example of this on the Final Destination posters was ‘REST IN PEACE’ – REST IN PIECES however even though this has already been used something along those lines would be a powerful idea. A possible idea that I came up with was, ‘Laugh after death’ – a play on the words ‘life after death’ which I thought worked because I am planning on using a creepy clown laugh right the way through the trailer. I also came up with the name ‘Dead by Dusk’ but I felt ‘Laugh after Death’ was more significant.

TAGLINES:
I needed to incorporate part of the storyline into the taglines, and some that I came up with are as followed:

“Fun is only painted” – linking to clown paint and torture
“You don’t face the fear, it faces you” – links to the idea of a stalker/can’t hide from them
“The laugh is just an illusion” – linking to the key creepy clown laugh

1 comment: